To submit your work to be published in Spines Binded, fill out one Submission Form for each piece of work by September 1, 2019.
- What can I submit? Any piece of writing or art work that can be printed is eligible for publication–poetry, prose, blackout poetry, photography, comics, sketches, etc.
- Who can submit? This publication is intended to highlight Pennsylvania talent. Anybody with a connection to PA can submit. This includes residents of PA, past residents of PA, people who hike or vacation in PA, employees of PA organizations, etc.
- How much does it cost to submit? All of the entry fee costs will be donated to Daystar Recovery in Harrisburg, PA–a nonprofit organization helping men recover from substance use disorders. The editors will be consuming the printing costs out of pocket, so 100% of the author and artist submission fees will be donated. Submission fees are $20 for the first page and $5 for each additional page submitted.
- Can I submit a story, poem, or piece of work with more than one author/contributor? Yes. Submit only one Submission Form per piece of work, but each artist needs to fill out a separate contract.
- Can I submit something that has already been published? No. This is to avoid Copyright violations.
- What are the formatting requirements for submissions? All submission documents should be 8.5″ X 11″ pages, 1″ margins, Times New Roman font, and 12 pt. font. If submitting images (photography, sketches, etc.), images should be in high resolution (600 dpi) and appropriate quality for printing.
- Should my images be in RGB or CMYK? We strongly encourage you to use sRGB. Using other color space options (RGB or CMYK) may cause changes to the print color.
- Will the book be printed in color? Yes.
- Can I submit more than one piece of work? Yes. You can submit as many as you would like. Publication decisions will made through a blind review process, so it is not guaranteed that all of your works will be selected.
- How important is grammar? This is a creative and professional publication, so grammar will be a considering factor for publication. We at Spines Binded support the Oxford Comma, so please use it consistently.
- If my work is accepted, when will it be published? The books will be printed and available for purchase in November of 2019. All authors and artists will be notified when the book is available.